Barhi Garden - Nurseries and Other Suppliers
The plants at Barhi have come from a wide range of nurseries. I tend to avoid garden centers and search out nurseries that actually grow the plants themselves.
This way, not only do I get expert advice on the requirements of an individual plant, but also I am supporting local growers, reduce plant miles and have some wonderful days out meeting amazing plantsmen and women.
The RHS Plant Finder and Nursery Finder are invaluable resources when looking for nurseries. However, they do not list every nursery, sometimes just driving past and popping in can still be a great way to find that special plant.
Some of our current favourite nurseries are:
- Apple Court, Lymington. Tel - 01590 642130
- Bloms, Melchbourne, Beds. Tel - 01234 709099
- Garden Secrets Nursery, Lymington. Tel – 07779 084245
- Hampshire & Sunnyfields Farmers Markets – various suppliers
- Hardy’s Cottage Garden Plants, Whitchurch. Tel - 01256 896533
- Landford Trees, Landford. Tel - 01794 390808
- Marcus Dancer Plants, Fordingbridge. Tel - 01425 652747
- Pollie's Daylilies, Sway. Tel - 01590 682577
- Spinners, Lymington. Tel - 01590 673347
- White Veil Fuschias, Three Legged Cross, Wimbourne. Tel - 01202 813998
Not all of these are open all the time, so if you want to visit, it may be best to phone in advance.
- Adirondack Outdoors - very comfortable Adirondack chairs under the pergola.
- Eastwold - grow through plant supports - I haven't used this supplier, but these look from the website to be very like the ones I have bought without a supplier's name.
- Netfloat - unobtusive heron protection.
- Snape Stakes - border edging supports.
- Wells and Winter - plant labels.